googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: What is your Dad Truth?

Sunday, June 19, 2016

What is your Dad Truth?



This past year at Dad 2.0, LEGO was asking dads to write out their Dad Truths that would be LEGO-ized at a later time. Well, a few weeks ago I received the image above with my Dad Truth: "Always try your best. You'll be surprised what can happen."

This is something that I always tell my children. When I was a teacher, I would tell my students the same thing. As dads we all have some words of wisdom that we are constantly telling those around us and sometimes these words actually sink in, but maybe not as quick as we would like them to.

My father and I would spend a lot of time on our weekends working on our cars. It seemed like every now and then my car or his car would break down and instead of paying for someone to fix the cars, we would work on them ourselves. My dad would take me to the local junk yard and we would spend a few hours there taking apart and putting together cars and this is how I learned to work on cars.

While there, we would talk about life and my dad would instill his words of wisdom on me. "Always do your best. Even if you don't win, at least you did not give up." "Learn how to do things for yourself." "Never stop learning" and the one that stayed with me "Stay focused on what you want and you will get it.

In honor of Father's Day I wanted to share some dad truths from my favorite movies and television shows. How many of these can you relate to?

"If you put your mind to it, anything is possible." - George McFly

"Don't ever get old, Kev." - Jack Arnold

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"Every expert was once a beginner." - Helen Hayes

What are your DadTruths?  What words of wisdom have you passed down to your children or to family members? Share with us your words of wisdom and get rewarded for it.

That's right! LEGO is giving us a prize package worth $40 to give to one of our readers for sharing with us their Dad truth.

So start sharing your words of wisdom with us and maybe you can win some LEGOs and that's the truth!



No comments:

Post a Comment