googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Getting the sleep I need thanks to the Beautyrest #SleepTracker monitor.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Getting the sleep I need thanks to the Beautyrest #SleepTracker monitor.

Disclaimer: The Fandads have teamed up with Life of Dad and Beautyrest for this campaign. All thoughts, opinions and good night sleep are our own. 




Parents, remember the good old days when you really did not care about sleep? Those days where you used to go out all night with your friends and sleep in the next day until the afternoon?

How many of us wish we had all those missed sleep opportunities back? I, for one, wish I could sleep again like I used to in my pre-children days. It's not that I don't sleep enough, it's just that I think I need healthier habits for my sleep routine.

As a self-proclaimed "sporty dad" having a good sleep routine should be at the top of my list. I need to be well rested so I can go running in the morning or afternoon. I need to get a good night's sleep the morning before I do one of my obstacle course runs.

Also being a "gamer dad", sleep is not needed when I am up late at night defending the universe from aliens or playing another game in my football season. I usually have to wait until the entire family is asleep to have the television all to myself and play a game or two.

The downfall to this is the next morning I feel sluggish and am almost ready to sleep on the ride to work. I need to get into the habit of having a better sleep routine that would help me become more alert during the days and energized when I run. This is where the Sleeptracker monitor from Beautyrest comes in.

The system contains two sensors that you put between your mattress and frame or foundation that monitors your sleep cycle. It connects to a processor that sends the information to an app that tells you the precise time you need to go to bed to get the optimal sleep you need.  This is pretty cool because it's a way for me to keep score and try to beat my score since running and video games are all about beating previous goals. So why not put some of that mentality toward my sleep habits?

I was skeptical at first. A monitor that's going to help me sleep better? Really? But after the easy set-up and installation of the app on my phone I was curious to see how it would work. The next morning my information wasn't on my phone, but the instructions did say it could take up to 18 hours for it to appear. When it finally popped up, it told me the exact time I was in deep sleep, how long it took me to fall asleep and how long I was asleep throughout the night.

I noticed that I only got around 5-plus hours of sleep each night and that was mainly for me ignoring my "go to bed" alert. If I were to go to sleep when that alert goes off, I could get the 7 hours that I aim for each night.



After paying more attention to the app and trying to sleep in earlier I have been noticing a small change. I am not as tired as I used to be in the morning, and that is because I am getting more sleep. Now, I'm not saying I wake up fully energized, but I feel better than I used to before I started tracking my sleep.

Tracking my entire week


I have a busy year this year with running the Chicago Marathon again, other obstacle races that I signed up for, and playing with my children. I need to make sure I am ready for those, mentally and physically, and to do that I must get the proper amount of sleep.

Using the Beautyrest Sleeptracker monitor will help me achieve those goals. That's why #ISleepTo be better rested to perform at my best.

How will you use the Beautyrest Sleeptracker monitor to change your sleeping routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment