The following key features of the NGP were taken from the Official PlayStation Blog
- Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
- Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
- Dual analog sticks
- Two cameras (front and rear)
- Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
- Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
- Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
- PlayStation Network access, including ““LiveArea™”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support
- NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.
LiveArea - users will have access to new game info through the NGP.
Near - Let's you see who's playing around you.
Some of the big titles announces last night were: Uncharted, Call of Duty, Killzone, Little Big Planet, and Resistance.
I have been wanting to get a PSP mainly to play the God of War games and the upcoming Third Birthday, but I think since I waited this long, I could wait a little longer to get this new system. More information can be found on PlayStations Blog along with video from last nights event.