googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Microsoft Announcements

Monday, June 6, 2011

Microsoft Announcements

Hey everyone, I'm busy being more of a dad and less of a fan, but I was able to watch the Microsoft special today and I just wanted to touch on a few of the announcements/demos while the little monster angel is taking a nap.

  • Kinect
  • HALO HD
  • HALOs 4 through 6
  • MW3
  • Gears of War
  • Fable (The Journey)
  • GHOST RECON
  • MISC
So, the most exciting news has to be the remake of Halo in HD right? Oh wait, how about official confirmation on another trilogy of Halo games. Awesome.

The Kinect demos were quite impressive, the games looked interesting and it actually looked responsive. I might have to cough up the dough and get one this summer. I was especially intrigued about being able to scan in objects and use them in the virtual world. Baby Serafina in a fighting game? Yes please! How would you feel about getting beat up by a ten month old, lol. Throw yourself in Halo and those post victory umm...let's say cups of tea, start feeling just a bit more uncomfortable.

I really liked seeing how the voice recognition stuff worked, the Ghost Recon demo using Kinect was awesome. I'm sold. Modern Warfare 3, Gears of War 3, the New Tomb Raider, lots of stuff was demoed. The new Fable game didn't do much for me, but we'll see how it turns out.

Well, E3 has just begun and if you asked me it started with a bang, can't wait to see what else these brilliant minds have in store for us. Oh by the way, is it a good thing that names like Peter Molyneux, Cliff Bleszinski, and Dan and Sam Houser are like household names to me now?

Have fun with all of the E3 news!

No comments:

Post a Comment