googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: "Did I step on your moment?" Hot Toys Black Widow figure review

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"Did I step on your moment?" Hot Toys Black Widow figure review


When I was younger I used to have a few 12-inch Star Wars figures. I had Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca and Darth Vader.  I would recreate scenes from the movies with them, but there was always something missing.  Every now and then my sisters would use the male figures as a boyfriend for their Barbie dolls, but there was never a Princess Leia doll that could go on an adventure with my figures.

Nowadays, there are a lot of great female action hero dolls that could go on these adventures with my Star Wars figures and one that I think will help a lot would be the Black Widow figure from Captain America: The Winter Soldier made by Hot Toys.

This is the third version of the Black Widow figure and it seems that each figure improves upon the one before it.  There was a version for Iron Man 2 and a version for The Avengers.  The difference between all three figures is the hair and uniform went through a few variations, but also the head sculpt seems to be tweaked a little too.



Right off the bat the packaging for the figure grabs your attention.  Black Widow is standing there in a dominant pose with the black widow symbol in the background and the Captain America logo on the front.  As with all Hot Toys the packaging is all about the detail, so when you are opening it you are opening a piece of art. 


Box cover on the left with real image, inner box liner on the right with toy image.

The figure is securely packaged in the box and is pretty easy to remove.  Unlike the Iron Man figure I reviewed earlier, this figure does not come with that many different accessories. She comes with 4 pairs of fists, two pistols, 2 pairs of Bite bracelets, a mobile phone and a display stand.   

Ready for action!

Black Widow has 28 points of articulation, so she can be posed in many different action positions.  Due to the fabric of the costume, some movement is a little stiff, but it doesn't hamper posing the figure in certain fighting stances.



Just like the Iron Man Mark VII figure that had the awesome Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt, one of the highlights of this figure is the likeness to Scarlett Johansson. I remember when I first saw a picture of this figure I thought it was an actual movie still, but when my figure arrived, I was amazed at the resemblance.  Again, Hot Toys figures are very well crafted and you basically get what you pay for.  

I hope that I can get the rest of the Avengers one day and create a great group shot of all of them.  With the new Avengers movie coming out next year, I am sure there will be another rendition of this figure coming out soon.

You can purchase the Black Widow figure at Sideshow Collectibles for $189.99 or take advantage of their payment plan that begins as low as $95.00 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment