googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Five Photos, Five Days. (Day Two)

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Five Photos, Five Days. (Day Two)

After two grueling years of blood, sweat, and tears, my oldest finally graduated last week. 

From preschool.


She was bouncing all over the place and couldn't contain her excitement. At first I thought the whole thing was a bit silly, I mean really, a preschool graduation ceremony? Isn't she going to graduate from Kindergarten in a year?

Well, when I saw how much she was looking forward to getting dressed up and how everyone was making it into an event, I started to change my mind. It's a milestone, not the biggest, but they should be celebrated nonetheless. We had dinner afterwards, hung out in the park, and I got her a gift. It was nice and I'm happy that we got to spend a good day with our family.

Fast-forward a week and now I'm looking at my eighth grade students getting ready for their graduation. I couldn't help but be reminded of my daughters. In only nine years I'll be watching my oldest get ready to go into high school. Goddamn it goes so fast. How is my little girl going to be five this summer? Nine years. It seems like a long time but if the last five have been any indication, it's not going to take too long at all. 

Soak it in.

-Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment