googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Run like the wind or Look at me trying to be sporty 104

Monday, September 5, 2016

Run like the wind or Look at me trying to be sporty 104



I know that is not how the songs goes, but it would have been strange to title this post "Run like the wind, Bullseye!" because I am not a fast runner like Bullseye the horse was. Since our last episode, I am still training for the upcoming Chicago Marathon.

The program I am on has me running 4 to 5 days a week and it has not always gone as planned. There have been a few hiccups here and there, but what has been bothering me lately is my running playlist.

When I am running I love to have great music playing to keep me motivated. While running I need music that will help me find my pace or get my mind off all the miles that I am running. I used to have a huge song library on my hard drive, but once that fell off my desktop I lost most of it.

Nowadays when I am running I have a few songs that get me pumped at the right moment, but I feel that I need to add more of those types of songs, especially since I will be running 26.2 miles in October. I decided to look at my running playlist and realized there were a few songs that I need to put on my list.

Here are the songs that I need to ask in no particular order.

5. Chariots of Fire - Vangelis


If there is a song that needs to play while I am approaching the finish line, this would be the song. I can just picture myself crossing the finish line and imagining all the runners around me running in matching white running outfits.


4. Runnin' - Pharcyde


"Can't keep running awaaayyyy." Yes, I can keep running away, right to the finish line. The Stan Getz sample in this song will keep me going and that last verse will be that extra push that I need.


3. 100 miles and running - NWA


This song! You can feel the urgency in getting away and the anger in Dr. Dre's voice toward Ice Cube in this song. Maybe some of that urgency and anger will transfer into energy and make me run faster.


2. Dare - Stan Bush


Come on, how many of you had this song or The Touch stuck in your head after watching Transformers the Movie? This song gets me hyped and make me want to race Hot Rod and Daniel to Lookout Mountain.


1. I Ran - Flock of Seagulls


How could this song not be on my playlist or any runners' playlist? I mean just look at the lyrics "I ran, I ran so far away." That is what we are doing as runners, we are running and running very far. So once this song comes on I should just stop worrying about any pain I have and just keep moving. Again, this song should be on any runners' playlist.


Honorable Mention
The Touch - Stan Bush


Yeah, after talking about Dare I thought this song should be on my playlist too. This is a great song to run to and much better than the version from Boogie Nights.

If you have any songs that you think should be on my running playlist share them with me in the comments below. I can't wait to see what you all suggest.

Remember too my friends, that I am running the Chicago Marathon as a St. Jude Hero and any donation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

By the way, if you do not know the song that I was talking about at the beginning of the post, here it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment