googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Eating to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. 

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Eating to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. 

Disclaimer: The Fandads are St. Jude Ambassadors and we want to share with our Chicagoland readers an upcoming event that may be of interest to them. Photos provided by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All thoughts and opinions are our own.



Being a "sporty dad" I try to watch what I eat, especially since I'm starting to train again for some upcoming runs. So while I limit certain intakes of food, I make sure to have a cheat day every now and then. Well my friends, if I'm going to have a cheat day, May 2 seems like the best day to do it.

On Tuesday, May 2, more than 900 Chicagoans will gather at the Sheraton Grand Chicago to sample cuisine from top local restaurants, benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®. The 23rd annual St. Jude Four Stars of Chicago Restaurant Extravaganza is a long-lasting tradition featuring food, cocktails, both live and silent auctions and a patient speaker. The event benefits care and research at St. Jude’s Research Hospital for children in need—it’s raised more than $8 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital since 1995.


This year’s event will feature a patient’s journey from an acute myeloid leukemia diagnosis to remission, as well as samples from some of Chicago’s favorite restaurants including Gus’s Fried Chicken, classic Chicago eatery Garrett’s Popcorn and iconic favorite Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab.

The event begins at 5 p.m., and tickets are $350 per person and $3,500 per table. Visit stjude.org/fourstarschicago for more information and to get your tickets. I know that price might be a little hefty, but if you go to all of the restaurants individually, you might be spending more than the price of admission alone. All of the money made that night will go to ensure that no family ever sees a bill when their child is being treated at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.


I hope I am able to attend and eat some great food to benefit a great cause. I know that if I do attend, I will be doing a lot of running the next day.

Thank you for reading and if you do attend, share with us your experience of the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment