googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: C2E2 or Does My Baby Really Need New Clothes?

Friday, April 16, 2010

C2E2 or Does My Baby Really Need New Clothes?

Today was the first day of C2E2 and normally I would be there bright and early with my books ready to be signed and agenda for my entire weekend, but unfortunately, this was not the case today. Instead I was running errands with my wife and shopping for stuff for my little girl. Don't get me wrong I love being with my family and I was a little upset that I couldn't be with my fellow geek Gil, but sometimes you need to set your priorities straight.

Since my little girl was born, I've noticed that I don't hit the toy aisles as often as I used to, or I tend to skim the DVD section and second guess myself from buying the new season of Lost. Why do I do this, because I know that my little girl comes first now and her formula and diapers are a little more important, I can't be giving her Red Bull and using newspapers as diapers. I do buy figures every now and then and Netflix has saved me from buying every DVD that I want to get.

Having my little girl has not stopped me from being a fanboy, in fact the cool thing is I still get to enjoy the convention on the weekend and take my little girl with me. I get to show her what daddy finds cool and share with her the fun of being with others with similar interest. I hope this is the beginning of a tradition between my little girl and me.

I remember going to the Chicago ComicCon, before Wizard bought them out, with my father and enjoying walking around and looking at all the comic books. Just this past Tuesday my dad called me to tell me about the show and if I was going. Even though he doesn't go with me anymore, he always asks keeps me informed of upcoming shows.

So this weekend at C2E2 if you see a guy with a green stoller and a little girl with a Spider-man shirt, say what's up and share with me your Fandad stories, maybe I'll post it up for others to see.

-Victor

P.S. After getting home from our errands, I got an e-mail with passes to see The Losers on Tuesday night, so the day wasn't a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment