googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: TV Show Rant

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TV Show Rant

I know I've ranted about this before, but I'm going to do it again, so BACK OFF! Lol. I think I'm going to stick to movies and DVDs from now on. No more watching crap on tv, I'll stick to whatever I'm currently watching, wait for that to get cancelled and/or end and that'll be it.

I was upset that Terriers got pulled, and now they're pulling The Chicago Code. I also thought that Mad Love was pretty funny, even though Jason Biggs gets on my nerves, and Lie to Me was friggin' awesome. All gone. I was especially invested (vested?) in Lie to Me, the other two shows were only one season but Lie to Me had a great cast and it was interesting and different. Outsourced was funny, but it was kind of expected, no big names other than "Oswald". America's Most Wanted, it's been cancelled before so maybe it'll come back, Friday Night Lights was excellent, but it was cancelled a while ago, luckily it'll get a proper ending. That's what bugs me the most, the lack of closure on some of these shows. Take Smallville for instance, started out great, sucked for a while, admittedly, I stopped watching, and this last season was pretty awesome. I'm not even that much of a Superman fan, but the show did his mythos justice. He should totally play Supes on the big screen. 

What makes matters worse is the stuff they keep. Does the world really need three CSI's? Cougar Town? Glee? The Cleveland Show? Speaking of which, I like McFarland, to a point, but the reboot of The Flintstones is just a bad idea I think. We'll see. Anyway, I'm ranting, and although there are still a lot of good shows continuing to live on, it's going to take a lot to get me to watch a new show.

Hmm..this and my DVR make me think that we spend way too much time watching TV, on the other hand there's not much else we can do, it's cheap and it's convenient, at least until the kids are older, I suspect I'll be watching lots of TV. For parents with small children at home, DVRs are a Godsend. Especially if you don't agree on what to watch sometimes. I can watch my shows at night when everyone's asleep, and the wife can watch her shows whenever she gets a chance. Especially for people like me who hate interruptions, and commercials, heh. Anyway, I've got to get back to L.A. Noire for a little while, (again, while everyone's sleeping) until next time...


-Gil 

No comments:

Post a Comment