googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Taking to the sky with the new Sonic Boom Tails' Plane and Sonic.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Taking to the sky with the new Sonic Boom Tails' Plane and Sonic.

(Disclaimer: The Fandads received the toys in this review for free, but all opinions are our own. No amount of gold rings that Sonic tried to offer us would change our review.)



When I first received my Sega Genesis I remember spending hours a day playing Altered Beast. That game just blew my mind with the main character turning into all those different creatures: A werewolf, a weredragon and a werebear.  The game was a lot of fun to play and I did not think that anything could surpass this level of awesomeness.  That was until Sonic the Hedgehog came out.

Sonic the Hedgehog was on some other level.  I mean the way this little blue guy would run so fast that he just became a blue streak on the screen was unlike anything I have ever seen. Sonic easily became my favorite character and I just loved seeing him run and collect the gold rings.

As the years passed on Sonic came back in various sequels and new characters were added to the mix. One of these new characters was Tails.  Tails was a two-tailed fox who would use his tails like a helicopter and fly for a few seconds in the game.  He was a fun addition to the game and a great side-kick for Sonic.

A few years back a new an animated series called "Sonic Boom" was released and it continues the adventures of Sonic and his friends. Now, I did not know about this show until this review came up so I decided to check it out. My daughter and I watched a few clips online and while I thought they were fun, she was not that interested. What do these young kids know, anyway? Am I right?

Now one thing she does know about is playing with toys.  We decided to give these toys a go and take them out for a little spin. Along with Tails and his plane, we were sent a Sonic figure too. I mean, Tails just would not have many fun adventures if it was just him flying around solo.



The Sonic figure looks pretty cool with his scarf wrapped around his neck.  His arms and legs have good articulation, but he does have trouble standing on his own.  It took a few times to get him to stay upright. That is just a minor flaw with this figure.



The Tails' Plane is a pretty cool toy. It has a nice heft to it so it was easy for my little girl to carry it around. The propeller is triggered by a button on the bottom of the plane which also ignites the flashing headlights and starts the humming of the plane engine. Instead of just showing you a little about the plane we decided to make a video to show you the plane in action. 


             

As you can see, we had some fun with the plane and my daughter enjoyed playing with it outside.  Now I did mention that the plane had some nice weight to it, but when dropped the wings would come off a bit easily.  Not to worry because the wings snap right back on, but this only happened a few times when my toddler got his hands on the plane.  




While we did have fun with Tails' Plane, we just had to be sure we were careful when we shot the projectiles.  I think it would really depend on the range of them being fired to really hurt someone, but the few times we shot each other with them we were ok.

There are other toys in the series that would definitely keep my daughter and I busy for hours, so we will be on the look out for them the next time we head out.

The Sonic Boom Tails' Plane is available at Amazon.com and Toys R Us.

What was your favorite Sonic game in the series and have you seen "Sonic Boom"? Share with us your thoughts below.




No comments:

Post a Comment