googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Enjoying the Holidays with Pepto-Bismol. #PinkRelief

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Enjoying the Holidays with Pepto-Bismol. #PinkRelief




When I was younger I would eat a lot, I mean a lot.  I would always get double burgers or eat two burgers with a large drink and fries. I was sort of active with work and taking a martial arts class, so I never really had any stomach problems with eating all of this food. I would burn all of it off within a few classes...or so I thought. 

As I got older things started to change. My eating habits were not as lavish and I would occasionally develop heartburn because of some of my food choices. Luckily, I would get help for my upset stomach with my new friend Pepto-Bismol. Pepto-Bismol became a regular staple in my refrigerator.

When you eat hot wings at one in the morning you will definitely feel it in the morning and throughout the day. Whenever that would happen I would reach into the refrigerator and have a cup of that cool pink liquid to help soothe my stomach troubles.  Within a few minutes, I was feeling good again and looking for something to eat.

Now that I have children, I try to make more conscious choices when I eat. I try to set an example with the food choices that I make and by living a healthy lifestyle.  I run, exercise occasionally and do obstacle course runs to show my children that they can accomplish and do anything.

Even though I show them all of these things, there is one thing that they can not do for themselves all the time...finish their food.

Yes, if you are a parent you have probably witnessed this scenario first-hand. Your child is just sitting there fiddling with their utensil and after a few bites of food proclaiming that they are full or don't want to eat anymore.  So what do you do? Obviously, you try to coax them into eating a few more bites, but after that happens you finish off their plate. You don't want to see all of your hard work go to waste.

While this seems like a good idea at the time, it starts hitting you later on that night that you just ate too much food. Add to that that you've probably had some type of dessert after your meal, you will be feeling all those foods fighting in your stomach.  That's when you are glad that you have your trusty friend Pepto chilling in the fridge.

This holiday season Pepto was pretty handy in helping me out after Christmas at my sister's house. Seriously, I can't remember how many hot wings I ate, but it had to be a lot for my stomach to be hurting like it was.  Christmas at my in-laws wasn't that bad, but I did eat after work so it required a couple of chewable Pepto tablets that I had with me.

Finally, there was this......


.... plates and plates full of Indian food. My wife and her friends always have an After-Christmas party where they exchange white elephant gifts and order Indian food to eat. I enjoy these meals, mainly because of the variety and their spiciness, but there was one dish I did not try. 

You see that bright red container next to the trusty bottle of Pepto? That was chicken in, what I call, super spicy sauce. Just smelling it already had my stomach feeling funky.  I stayed away from that dish and could see from the faces of our friends that I made a good choice.  

Even after eating three plates of food, I slept well after having myself a drink of the pink stuff! Yep, Pepto has been a stomach-saver this holiday season and I am sure it will continue to help us for years to come.

How has Pepto helped you out in your time of need? Let us know in the comments below. 

Side-note: Yesterday while eating some left-overs, my wife was starting to get some stomach problems and I suggested to her to take some of the chewable Pepto tablets.  After a bit of hesitation, she took the recommended dosage and was feeling like herself again after a few minutes.

(Disclaimer: The Fandads were compensated and received some free product for this post.  All thoughts, opinions and heartburn are our own. Make sure to follow them on Facebook and Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment