googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: This Fandad becomes a #Russelldadlete and it's pretty cool...down there.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This Fandad becomes a #Russelldadlete and it's pretty cool...down there.

(Disclaimer: The Fandads were provided with a pair of Russell CoolForce Performance Underwear in exchange for this post. All thought, opinions, tired legs and sweaty body parts are our own.) 

Ok, I know the title might be a little weird to you right now, but it will all be explained in due time. 

Lately, I have been running a lot. I am training for the Chicago Marathon so everyday I have miles to log for my training. With my daughter going back to school and my wife having a week off of work, I knew it would be the perfect time to log those miles after I dropped her off in the morning. 

Walking to school and prepared to run. 

My daughter and I would walk together to school and after she went in the building I was off running. Most days it was a simple 4 to 5 miles and on some days it would be 7 to 8. The good thing about my wife being off was that she could watch our son while I ran. I do not think my son would have fun sitting in a stroller for forty minutes to an hour as I ran. Plus, any runner can tell you that running early in the morning feels good because it is not that hot and there is still a cool breeze in the air. On the hot days it gets to be a little warm and you start sweating profusely, well at least I do.

One thing about sweating when you run is that you start to feel a little uncomfortable especially in the "Land down under" as the guys from Men at Work would say. So what can a dad do to stay cool while running other than pouring water on himself constantly? How does cooling underwear sound? Well, lucky for us, we were sent a pair of the new Russell CoolForce Performance Underwear to try out.

Something to keep the boys cool.

Russell CoolForce is built with an innovative chemical free cooling technology that regulates evaporation and wicks away moisture to keep you cool and dry. In other words, it keeps your boys feeling cool when you are not. These underwear could not have come at a better time because I had an important run to do with my family and they also arrived on a weekend when I had to log in 20 miles. Now I am not saying that it feels like you have a pack of ice on your boys when running, but after running in them a few times, I noticed that I was not as warm down there as before.

Walking as a family for a good cause
My family and I were signed up to do the St. Jude Walk/Run 5K and I wore a pair to test them out on this easy walk. Now I was not exerting my body as much during this walk, but I did feel cool and comfortable while walking. This was the first time my family did a walk like this together and my children had a lot of fun. 

Later that day came the big test: running 20 miles with these bad boys on. This was the real challenge because running that many miles I was guaranteed to sweat like a madman....and that is what happened. The first few miles everything felt good and my body was feeling fine. Once I started hitting the teens I started feeling the pain, but I was cool down under. Yeah it was a long and painful run, but feeling cool helped me, in a small way, finish my run. Now the real challenge will be on October 9th, when I run 26.2 miles for the Chicago Marathon. 

Being a sporty dad, I have done some fun stuff to try to keep in shape and show my children that anything is possible. I have run and crawled through mud. I have jumped over fire and done hundreds of burpees and I even ran a race in khakis just to show it can be done, but the latest thing I did was a little embarrassing. I am not one to step down from a challenge, so when I was called out I had to do it. If this sounds a little vague, just look at the picture below.

A Tribute to Amateur Idiot/Professional Dad

When you are friends with Dave from Amateur Idiot/Professional Dad and find out you are working on the same campaign you better be ready to step your game up. After I commented on his working out picture, he challenged me to put a picture of myself wearing my CoolForce underwear up.

Yeah, I look a little demented, but have you seen Dave's picture? Also, you notice how the multi-stretch fabric holds up well as I carry my daughter above me. (No daughters were injured or thrown while taking this picture.)

What makes you a #RussellDadlete? Pick up a pair of these underwear at your local Walmart and share with us how you are a #RussellDadlete in the comments below.

Be sure to check out the other cool dads rocking their Russell CoolForce Performance Underwear: OWTK and Amateur Idiot/Professional Dad.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment