googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: TellTale Game's The Walking Dead: The New Frontier mini-review

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

TellTale Game's The Walking Dead: The New Frontier mini-review


Yesterday, Telltale Games released their latest Walking Dead game titled: The New Frontier and the Fandads got their hands on it. Now, while we did not get a chance to play both episodes yet, we are going to give you a little information on the game and our first initial reactions. 

First off, Telltale has been killing it with their games lately. Their Batman: The Telltale series was fantastic and the previous Walking Dead games were also phenomenal. The one thing about the new game that is a little bummer for me is that I played the first season on the Playstation 3, I need to get this series for the Xbox One.

You may be thinking "why is that a bad thing?" If I had played the previous games on the Xbox One, I would be able to continue my story in A New Frontier.  This would mean my interaction with Clementine would be unique to my previous gameplay. The good folks at Telltale have thought of this scenario too and made it that if you picked "Start New Story" you will meet a Clementine that would be defaulted to your character. Either way, you will get a customized experience when playing the game. 


We will give these two episodes a full review when we play through them. Just so you know, in the few minutes that I played the game, I was hooked. I wanted to know more about the relationship with Javier and his family. What happened to them on their way to the hospital and what's going to happen next?

I was playing the game at about two in the morning so I wasn't as focused as I wanted to be and I hope I made some correct choices. I guess as my playthrough continues I will find out if I made the right choices.

The first two of five episodes in The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier premiered digitally yesterday on PC from the Telltale Online Store, and other digital distribution services, on the Xbox Games Store of Xbox One, and on the PlayStation Network for PlayStation 4. The episode was also available the same day for compatible iOS devices via the App Store, and for compatible Android-based devices via Google Play. Release dates for additional platforms will be announced in the near future.

Beginning in February, the series will also be available for purchase on a special "Season Pass Disc" for Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles, which will include the premiere episodes for the third season, as well as access to all subsequent episodes in the five episode season for download as they become available.




No comments:

Post a Comment