googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Getting Ready for Ready Player One

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Getting Ready for Ready Player One

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
Ready Player One is hitting the big screens today and I am excited to see this sci-fi extravaganza on the big screen. I remember I received a copy of the book with one of my early Loot Crates and I was hooked as soon as I started reading it. All of the pop-culture references took me back to my childhood in the 80's and made me love the book even more. As with all book-to-screen adaptations, we know that there might be a few differences, but here are the few things I am hoping to see on the big screen.   
1. The Vonnegut

I don't know how much they are going to follow the book, but I wonder if we are going to see Parzival's ship the Vonnegut. 

2. The Star Wars references

I know that Disney owns the rights to anything Star Wars, but it would be cool to see some of the Star Wars references mentioned in the book to show up on the big screen. Just the scene when he is talking about the different vehicles in the school parking lot and he mentions the X-wing parked there. That would be cool to see. 


Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
3. WarGames

This is one of the levels that Parzival has to beat to get one of the keys to continue the quest. With how Marvel made a young Robert Downey Jr. in Captain America: Civil War, they can do that with Matthew Broderick in the 80's hit WarGames. It would be cool to see them replay some of the scenes in that movie. 

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures

4. The Final Battle

Yeah, I know they show hints of this in the commercials and trailers, but I wonder which of the characters that are mentioned in the book will show up on the big screen. Speaking of the big battle, I am curious to see how this race sequence fits into the movie.



Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures
5. A Good Time

No matter what changes are made in the movie, I am hoping to have fun and a good time watching it on the big screen. While I love the book and have read it multiple times, I know that everything that happens in the book will not happen in the movie. I trust Steven Speilberg to make a great movie and I think he will handle this material with respect. 

Are you excited to see Ready Player One? Were you a fan of the book? Let us know in the comments what you are looking forward to and what your favorite moment in the book was.

Thank you for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment