googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: "Together we will rule the galaxy" #30DaysofStarWarsShirts Day 13

Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Together we will rule the galaxy" #30DaysofStarWarsShirts Day 13


If this picture looks familiar to you, that's because it was the cover image to issue 35 of the Marvel Star Wars series out in the early eighties.  Now this image is back...in shirt form. (That last sentence is a little nod to Milhouse)

Old Navy sells some pretty cool Star Wars shirts every now and then and I remember buying this one because I have that issue.  Darth Vader looks terrifying as his gigantic body looms over the chess board and is holding Luke.

When I first saw this issue, I thought "Wow, why is Darth Vader a giant?" Remember too that I was still a little kid and didn't think logically, but I couldn't wait to read it to see what happens.

This shirt reminds me of my childhood and getting a stack of comics from my babysitter.  I remember sitting there and reading them for most of the day until my parents picked me up.

Have you been keeping up with us so far? Do you have a favorite shirt yet?  We will be posing questions every now and then until the end of the 30 days.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment