googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Wizard World 2017 in the Books

Friday, September 1, 2017

Wizard World 2017 in the Books

Disclaimer: The Fandads were given a pass to attend Wizard World Comic-Con. All thoughts and opinions are our own.



Wizard World Comic-Con 2017 came and went and the Fandads were there on Sunday to take in as much as we could. I usually try to hit all days of the show, but this year I had prior engagements and could only attend Sunday's events. Even though it was only one day, my family and I took advantage of it and had some fun. Let me share some of the highlights with you. 


One day I will have my cosplay game going, but it wasn't this year. My daughter was debating between Rey and Mal from Descendents. In the end she decided to be Mal and walked around with a sword to imitate the big fight scene at the end of Descendents 2. I shouldn't have to explain that to you, I know that you all have seen it by now.  My daughter poised in from of the Wizard World back drop for our second picture of the day. 




What was our first picture that day? It was our leading photo. As soon as we walked in I saw a Spider-Man: Homecoming Spidey walking by and I made a beeline right to him to get my picture. He wasn't the only character I chased down to get a picture with. Later that day I saw Magnum PI walking by and chased him down to get a picture with him. It was funny because he mentioned that not many people knew who he was. I guess I was showing my age. 




Around 2:30 we went to see the kid's costume parade. We thought my daughter was going to enter it, but she got cold feet at the last moment. We stood to the side of the stage and watched as Kato Kaelin got the crowd pumped up for each contestant. There were some pretty cool kid costumes in the contest. One little boy was dressed as Wolverine and his father was in the crowd dressed exactly like his son. There was a Five Nights at Freddys Freddy amongst the contestants and a Spider-Man too. In the end all the children that entered won a prize and it seemed like they all had a great time too.





It's always fun to see some of your favorite childhood characters walking around and I ran into one of them as we head to the other hall. I saw a guy dressed as Sargent Slaughter and had to take a picture with him. I told him to pretend to be yelling at me, but he tried to fist bump my finger. Maybe next time we can get a better picture.




My friend James, The Rock Father, is a huge Knight Rider fan and I saw him post a picture of himself inside of K.I.T.T.. Earlier in the week I saw he posted a picture of an autographed poster he received by Michael Knight himself David Hasselhoff.




For the rest of the day we just walked around and looked at all the different vendors and celebrities that were signing autographs for their fans. I do have to admit that Wizard World had a different feeling for me this year. It seems that lately when I go I am not as interested in buying the collectibles or spending too much money on autographs like I used to when I was younger. Nowadays it's more about going with my children and experiencing the con through their eyes. My daughter loves seeing all of the cosplayers and taking pictures with them. While my son just is done after a few hours of walking around. I think in a couple of years he will start to enjoy the show as much as my daughter.




Until the time that my daughter tells me that she doesn't want to go to this show with me anymore or my son would rather have me drop him off at the show with his friends, like my father used to do with me and my friends, I will enjoy every moment we have together at the show. To me, it's a fun way for the family to spend the day together and geek out with each other about things that bring them joy. While many people will be there for different reasons, I think my reason for going now is to have fun with my children.

Hopefully next year, I won't have any prior engagements that will make me miss the first few days, but until that day comes I think we should start thinking of what the whole family should dress as next time. Thanks for reading and enjoy the following pictures.


If you are a fan of Dumb and Dumber you know this van! 

We were lucky to not be pulled into the Upside Down.

Hanging out with my family of geeks

One of the coolest moments at Wizard World was the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones was there thanks to the people at Xfinity. I lined up to get a picture sitting on it and my daughter asked if she can take one too. I told her of course she can do it and her picture came out pretty cool because of the colors on her jacket. Whereas my picture came out looking ok.

See you next year Wizard World Comic-Con!

 
            



                     









No comments:

Post a Comment