googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: Warrior Dash Take Two!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Warrior Dash Take Two!



If you are a follower of our blog you will remember that last year I participated in the Warrior Dash on Father's Day. That experience was amazing and I told myself that I would do it again the following year and prepare better for it this time around. 

Well, with about a month to go for the next Warrior Dash, I am glad to announce that I am doing it again, but sadly I haven't prepared any better than I did last year.  I have been working a lot these past few months so my time to train has been few and far between.  I have been using Your Shape Fitness Evolved on the Kinect to exercise and it has been working pretty well, but I need to go running to improve my cardio.

Unlike last year where it was just two of us, this year there is a group of us going together and it should be a fun experience.  Maybe we'll do costumes or maybe we will not, but either way it will be great to run with friends and support each other at the Warrior Dash.

I am thinking about starting a running group to get prepared for the dash and just to start getting in better shape.  If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.  I know work schedules will make it hard to have a constant schedule, but maybe we can find a few times in the week or weekend to just get together and run for a few miles.  This would be a great way to get in shape and to familiarize ourselves with our readers.  Hopefully this will lead to one of our goals here at fandads: to create a community of like minded fandads.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck on June 17th. 



3 comments:

  1. Ran the Warrior Dash last year with a big group of friend in costumes. We had a blast, and I realized that pleather is not a good material to run in on a 90+ degree day. The mud pits were actually more of a relief...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this, but I need a year of training and to get in shape, and I would love to get together and run. I'll let you know what's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I trained for maybe a few months the first time I did it and I surprised myself with the fact that I didn't collapse on the course. Later that night, that was a different story.

      Delete