googlea875c0213e6e807d.html] Fandads: I Killed Deadpool.

Monday, July 9, 2018

I Killed Deadpool.

What's up everyone, it's time for my quarterly post on Fandads! Seriously though, I've got to get on here more often.

So does anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure series? I loved those books, even though more than a couple of them gave me nightmares. Some of them were seriously messed up, but don't worry this isn't another article about the top 9 craziest CYOA stories or 12 CYOA books that ruined my childhood.

The Cave of Time

No this post is more of a confession. Apologies to Marvel Fans everywhere, and Ryan Reynolds for messing up his sweet gig, but yeah I messed up and got Deadpool killed. Let me explain. Recently Marvel published a short five issue mini-series called You Are Deadpool. 

Wait, I thought I was Groot?


I usually have anything Deadpool related in my pullbox so I ended up getting this series as well. As can be expected there's the usual Deadpool humor and violence but with a fun twist. Just like the old Choose Your Own Adventure books, these comics allow you to choose what happens next. They also include RPG elements such as stats, acquiring weapons and/or items, and dice rolling. It would probably help to have a notebook and some dice handy but I managed to do without. I played pretty fairly, and honestly gave myself some bad outcomes.

Which brings me to my confession...I managed to get Deadpool killed. Dead. Done. Finito.

SPOILER ALERT!!

In issue 4 (which I got to jump to straight from issue 1) I made a series of decisions which led me to getting killed by Bullseye. (in a very familiar way) According to Deadpool it's canon and thus I'm not allowed to read anything with Deadpool anymore. I believe Wade said there were no take backs so yeah. Sorry everyone.

END OF SPOILER

Well, I always try to look at the bright side of things so at the very least I'll have more time and money to spend on the real deal Choose Your Own Adventure books. As I bounced around the web thinking about what I was going to write I came across their website. (Chooseco LLC btw, they used to be Bantam Books right?) I took a look and ended up ordering a set of the classics to read with my kids, and some Unicorn one that my kids will go nuts for. I think they're old enough to have their minds warped enjoy them as I did as a child, so many moons ago.

So there you have it, the TL;DR version is Deadpool's loss is my family's gain!

Until next time...if you choose to leave the UFO turn to page 23, if you try to fly it turn to page 45.

(Joke's on you, you crash and burn either way)

No comments:

Post a Comment